Our immigration lawyers provide comprehensive legal advice to identify the immigration solutions that work best for you according to your individual circumstances. We represent our clients during the process of obtaining temporary or permanent residencies, visas, work permits, naturalization, and more.
Under the Honduran Immigration Law there are three main immigration categories:

Temporary Residency:

  • Retirement residency (pensionado)
  • Revenue-based residency (rentista)
  • Investor residency
  • Residency for the spouse, grandparent, parent, and siblings of a Honduran citizen.

Find out more about each temporary residency type and the specific requirements.

Permanent Residency:

  • Also known as immigrant status residency. This category is for foreign nationals who have been legal temporary residents in Honduras for at least 5 consecutive years.

Special permits:

  • Work permits
  • Permits for Members of religious organizations
  • Students
  • Refugees

General Residency Requirements

The following list outlines the general requirements for any residency application process:

  1.  Police records from your country of origin.
  2.  Recent photograph.
  3.  Migratory records issued by the Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM) in Honduras.
  4.  Honduran Police Records, issued by the Dirección Policial de Investigación (DPI).
  5.  Certificate of good health, issued in Honduras.
  6.  Valid passport (must be valid for at least a year from the date of your application).
  7.  Proof of financial documentation if applying for a retirement, revenue based, or investor residency.
  8. If applying for residency as a dependant, you must provide proof of the relationship with the main applicant through a marriage or birth certificate.

Additional Information

All documents from abroad must be notarized and apostilled then authenticated by a Honduran consulate or by the Secretary of Foreign Relations in Honduras.

Documents from certain countries require an apostille, others require legalization. See the complete list of countries that require apostille here.

All documents from abroad must be translated to Spanish by a Honduran Consulate or by the Secretary of Foreign Relations in Honduras.

All documents must be issued within six months prior to filing the application.

All residency and special permit applications must be made through a Honduran lawyer or law firm.

Need assistance obtainin your Honduran Residency?

Contact Us today, and one of our Honduran immigration attorneys will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions. Business hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. local time.